Scholarships FAQ

How do I know which scholarships I am eligible for?

Please review the specific scholarship list and fund descriptions, available here, at our office, or in your high school guidance office.

I attend school part-time. Am I still eligible to apply for scholarships?

Yes. Please reference individual scholarship eligibility guidelines to determine the funds in which you can apply as a part-time student.

Can I make copies of the application?


Do I have to have a copy of the application for each scholarship I apply for?

No. (If you have applied for RCCF scholarships before, you will notice this is different than before!)

You need to submit ONE original and TWO copies of your paper application. Then, submit cover pages (with any additional required attachments, as indicated on each cover page) for each different scholarship you qualify for.

Do I have to have an official transcript to apply?

Yes. Please submit one original and two copies with your paper application. If your transcript is sealed, it is okay to open it to make copies.

How do I know the type of high school diploma I have?

Contact your guidance counselor or reference your high school transcript.

If my parents are divorced do I have to provide both parents' financial information?

To be consistent and fair among all applicants, the Foundation prefers that you submit financial information for both parents; however, we realize that circumstances arise in which that information cannot be provided. We must have the financial information for the parent that claims you as a dependent on taxes.

How do I find my financial aid package?

You should receive your financial aid package along with your billing statement. This varies among each university, so please contact your school for specific information.

Do I have to submit a FAFSA?

For our purposes, no. Please do not submit a FAFSA to us with your RCCF paper application.

You will need to submit a FAFSA to the government in order to receive government or institution-specific aid. Please reference the FAFSA website or contact your school for more information.

I'm paying for my own education. Do I have to supply my parents' income?

Yes. If you are claimed as a dependent on your parents’ taxes you must supply their income information.

Can I use my scholarship for room and board?

No. RCCF is a 501(c)(3) organization and must follow IRS regulation for scholarship distribution.

Qualified expenses include:

  • Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution
  • Course-related expenses, such as: fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.

Expenses that do not qualify include:

  • Room and board
  • Travel
  • Research Clerical help
  • Equipment and other expenses not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution

Once my scholarship is awarded, how do I receive the funds?

Once our office has received all required information needed to process your payment (see Recipient Instructions) we will remit payment directly to your educational institution.

I received a scholarship that will pay both fall and spring semesters. What if I don't have the required information in time for your deadlines?

Please submit the information you are able to provide by the deadline. We understand that grades may not post in time for the deadline and that billing statements may change: we only ask that you inform our office if you are unable to provide the information required in time for our deadline. We want to award you the scholarship you earned, but you must keep us informed!